NGO SAPNA was registered in Delhi under the Societies Registration Act on 21st October 2004. Inspired by Gandhian ideals, its mission is to work as an ‘agent of change’ to empower the poor and marginalized.The focus areas of work are health, education, women empowerment, community development and social welfare.
SAPNA’s endeavor is to reflect ‘Sewa’ in all its activities. Its aim is to:
- Provide shelter to the old, sick and destitute;
- Assist the poor access health care;;
- Impart quality education to underprivileged girl children;
- Promote e-learning amongst rural youth;
- Redress issues of domestic violence;
- Facilitate livelihood programmes;
- Work for environment protection and conservation.
Spatially, SAPNA has support centres in Delhi, Noida (U.P.) and Alwar (Rajasthan).
NGO SAPNA has approval under Section 12(A)/ Section 80G of the Income Tax Act and FCRA. It is also approved under ‘Rajasthan Persons with Disabilities Rules, 2011’.
SAPNA is accredited by Credibility Alliance and empaneled by Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS).