In 2019 Sapna started a Skill Development Center in Noida, which is providing skills training to ladies of Nithari Village in Sector 31, Noida. The Sapna team organized the poor women coming from slum into groups, provided awareness and understanding of working towards building, entrepreneurship and skill training. Sapna is also trying to help these groups in arranging inputs, extension and marketing, introduce savings and internal lending, help in maintenance of accounts and link them with the banks for credit requirements. Sapna is acting like a facilitator which will ensure proper training of women group members to meet the market demand of skilled workforce.
Skills Imparted during 2021-2022:
- Stitching Classes: 3 Batches of 15 girls are in full swing on daily basis.
- Apparel Making: 2 Batches of 12 women are making garments for online apparel stores.
- To offer training on machines used for mass production of garments.
- To provide, sustainable livelihood opportunities to women from underprivileged community.
- To train on various businesses related activities from procurement to marketing of finished goods.
Achievements drawn by Skill Center:
- The ladies stitched 7500 men boxers. The proceeds of the same were distributed among the women under Learn & Earn program.
- Stitched school uniform for Shaheed Bhagat Singh School & Sapna Shikshalaya. (Tunics, Salwar and Kameez)
Contact Us: Reeta Singh (9711014563).
Photographs of training at SDC, Noida
A one day women’s rights workshop is being organized at the Skill Development Centre in Noida on August 26, 2023.